Wisper ISP to Bestow $1,000 to Two Graduating High School Seniors in Memory of Trevor Dickhaut
Trevor worked for Wisper Internet part-time while attending Mascoutah High School in Mascoutah, IL. In April of 2020, Trevor’s life was abruptly ended in an automobile accident a few weeks before he was to graduate.
Trevor experienced many challenges in his life, but he always overcame them with an infectious laugh and competitive spirit. Wisper founded the Trevor Dickhaut Scholarship in his honor.
Trevor believed hard work opened the door to endless opportunities. He dedicated his time and efforts to Wisper, Future Farmers of America (FFA), his family’s farm, and trapshooting – just to name a few. To encompass Trevor’s love for such activities, the committee chose to gear the scholarship toward the trades.
Wisper will accept application submissions from February 15, 2021 – April 12, 2021. The application will require the following information.
1. High School Transcript
Please note that the transcript will be used to verify the applicant is a Senior at Mascoutah High School. Transcripts will not be considered in selecting a winner unless a tie has been reached.
2. Short Answer Questions or Video
- Answer the following 3 short-answer questions. Each response must be 300 words or less.
- Why are you pursuing a career in the trades?
- What trade are you going into and why?
- Why are you applying for this scholarship?
- Make a video describing a project in the trade you plan to pursue. Be sure to show why you are passionate about your future trade. The project may be new or old and the video can be no more than 15-minutes in length.
3. 2 Letters of Recommendation
- Must be a Senior at Mascoutah High School in Mascoutah, IL.
- Must be pursuing a career in the trades.
- Must enroll as a full-time student at a vocational-technical school in the fall of the year in which the scholarship was awarded (day or night classes).
- Must complete the entire academic year without interruption, barring illness, emergency or military service.
- Payment will be made directly to the vocational-technical school.
- Current Wisper Internet employees and their families are not eligible.
In January of each year, Wisper will ask staff to volunteer and serve on the scholarship committee. An invitation will also be extended to Trevor’s family.