Wisper ISP to Bestow $1,000 to Two Graduating Seniors in the Trades
Trevor worked for Wisper Internet part-time while attending Mascoutah High School in Mascoutah, IL. In April of 2020, Trevor’s life was abruptly ended in an automobile accident a few weeks before he was to graduate. Trevor experienced many challenges in his life, but he always overcame them with an infectious laugh and competitive spirit. Wisper founded the Trevor Dickhaut Scholarship in his honor.
Trevor believed hard work opened the door to endless opportunities. He dedicated his time and efforts to Wisper, Future Farmers of America (FFA), his family’s farm, and trapshooting – just to name a few. To encompass Trevor’s love for such activities, the committee chose to gear the scholarship toward the trades.
Wisper will accept application submissions from May 1, 2021 – July 1, 2021. The application will require the following information.
1. High School Transcript
a. Please note that the transcript will be used to verify the applicant is a Senior. Transcripts will not be considered in selecting a winner unless a tie has been reached.
2. Short Answer Questions or Video
a. Answer the following 3 short-answer questions. Each response must be 300 words or less.
b. Why are you pursuing a career in the trades?
c. What trade are you going into and why?
d. Why are you applying for this scholarship?
e. Make a video describing a project in the trade you plan to pursue. Be sure to show why you are passionate about your future trade. The project may be new or old and the video can be no more than 15-minutes in length.
3. 1 Letter of Recommendation (optional but highly encouraged)
1. Must be a high school Senior pursuing a career in the trades after graduation.
a. Trade careers include but are not limited to: Electrician, dental hygienist, plumber, paralegal, nurse, graphic designer, welder, computer technician, aircraft mechanic, cosmetologist, chef, marine mechanic, construction manager, massage therapist, pharmacy technician, and more.
2. Applicant must be a resident within Wisper Internet’s service network. Visit the following link to determine if you reside within Wisper Internet’s service area: https://wisperisp.com/wisper-packages/
3. Must enroll as a full-time student in the fall of the year in which the scholarship was awarded (day or night classes).
4. Must complete the entire academic year without interruption, barring illness, emergency or military service.
1. Payment will be made directly to the college or vocational/trade school.
2. Current Wisper Internet employees and their families are not eligible.
Wisper ISP, Inc. is a Wireless Internet Service Provider with 180 employees and 20,000 subscribers across Arkansas, Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, Missouri, and Oklahoma. Wisper is based out of Mascoutah, IL, in the St. Louis Metro Area, with regional offices in Joplin and Washington, MO. Wisper customers in rural and metropolitan communities receive fast, reliable service and friendly, helpful customer service.
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.