As we announced on October 1st, we’re launching a new service, Wisper Home!
The new feature of the Wisper Care plan is the Wisper Home app. The app gives you total control of your home wifi, right from your phone. Wisper Home allows you to monitor any smart devices in your home, and it also protects your devices using a secure network. You can set parental controls, block viruses, and create guest networks, all in the Wisper Home App.
Setting Up Your App
Before we install our new routers, customers will need to download and set up the Wisper Home app. You can find us in your app store! Once the app is downloaded, you’ll need to set up an account.
- Start by setting up your information. Enter your email, create a strong password and provide a few extra details on your location.
- Once your account is created, you’ll be able to connect to your new router. There are a few ways you can do that:
- Scan the QR code on the router. This will automatically input all the information you need.
- Or you can enter the details manually. The MAC address and serial number are located on the router.
- Now you’re ready to set up your network! The app will prompt you to enter a Router Name and Network Name (SSID). The router name will help you identify the router when working in the app, and the network name is what you’ll select on your devices when connecting to the wifi.
- Finally, set up a network password. This should be different from your app password. Your network password is what you’ll use to access your internet on your devices.
Now that your account and your router are ready to use, we can start getting into more of the available settings in the Wisper Home app.
When you connect devices to your home wifi, they will be added to your Connected Devices list in your app. From here, you can choose a device that you want to set filters or profiles for. For example, you could select a child’s laptop, and a filter to block adult content or block specific websites.
- First you’ll need to set up a parental control profile. Using the parental control tab from the side bar menu, tap the plus in the upper corner to create a profile.
- Once you enter the profile information and add a photo, you can select the devices you want to include. Just be sure not to add the device that uses the Wisper Home app!
- From there, you can set time limits or disconnect all the listed devices.
- For more advanced options like content filters, go back into your main menu and select Enable Applications and select Enhanced Parental Controls. If it’s already enabled, you’ll already see these options in your profiles!
- Once that’s enabled, you can go back to your profiles and select Filters to create and view filters by content, applications, or websites.
One of the best features of Wisper Home is the built-in antivirus and malware protection for all of your connected devices. This feature should already be available in your menu as Protect IQ, but if not, just select it from the Enable Applications menu.
Once Protect IQ is up and running, you’ll receive notifications when a potential threat is blocked. No action is required! Threats are blocked automatically. Through the app, you’ll be able to see all threats that have been blocked, how many scans have been run and see a list of alerts. You can also skip devices that you don’t want to be scanned, but we don’t recommend it!
You also have the option to add a potential threat to the Trusted List if there’s been a mistake. You can take content off the Trusted List at any time if you change your mind.
guest network, wisper home
And speaking of network security, Wisper Home makes it easy to set up guest networks. Guest networks allow people to easily access your wifi without leaving your private network exposed.
- Just select Guest Network from the main menu. Tap the plus sign to create a new network. You’ll also be able to see any active guest networks.
- Enter the information for your network. Event name can be customized for the purpose of your guest network, and the network name will be the option your guests select to connect. You can also choose to add a password using the AES security option.
- You can choose whether to make your network endless, something that is available all the time, or set dates for the start and end of the network. The network will expire and no longer be available after this date.
- When you’re done, select Save and Send to send the details to your guests.
These are just a few of the options available to you in the Wisper Home app, so open it up, play around, and be sure to check out our Wisper Youtube channel for quick how-to videos if you have any questions!